May 20, 2011

my last meet



it was quite an adventure...our district track meet.


last time wearing that uniform!!!


it took over an hour, on winding country roads, to reach our destination...six of us squished into a little white van...and one coach to drive of course.

:so fun:




Since we arrived there at 3:30...




and my race wasn't until 8:00...




I spent the hours in between doing a little reading...




but mostly holding my camera, hunting for small things in the midst of such a big day...





the stands were full (this is just one part of it)



my favorite coach sat with me for awhile...



and I noticed so many emotions in the people around me...


excitement...

nervousness...



and of course, the stereotypical high-school romances that were everywhere...




Anyways, it was a day I was glad to see end...a season I was happy to complete.
Let's just admit it...I wasn't meant to be a runner. I'm much better at sitting on the couch and being lazy =)

No comments: